January 3, 2013
Posted by on
Well, here it is! The mandatory New Year’s resolutions post. Short and simple this year.
- Finish my student teaching and (finally) graduate
I know this will happen, it’s just a matter of 16 weeks of work and two tests!
- Get a good job
Once I get that degree, it’ll be time to put it to work (no pun intended, but it… works..)
- Complete the Goruck Challenge
I’m all signed up for the Challenge in Cedar Rapids on May 25th. I have five long months of training to get ready for some “Good Livin”, and I’m pumped!
- Live simply and be happy
I think this one speaks for itself.
I feel like I did pretty well with my 2012 resolutions. Hopefully I can keep that up for 2013!
December 31, 2012
Posted by on
2012 is coming to a close, so that means it’s time to look back on how I reached my resolutions from earlier in the year.
- Learn to cook
Well, I made some pretty good dinners and breakfasts this year at school, and definitely ate healthier. I’d say I met this resolution, and plan to continue it next year!
- Be more frugal
My bank account tells me that this has happened. Wow, has life been easier when I’m not always buying junk!
- Spend more time outdoors
I began this year sticking to this, however, as the year went on, I got busier and wasn’t able to be outside as much as I would have liked. I still want to change that!
- Read more
I read quite a bit over the year. I’m happy with that, and will be keeping it up. I have a hefty “to read” list and and currently 52 pages into reading
- Start a workout habit
This was hit and miss as I began teaching more. I’d say that eating healthier has helped me feel more “in shape”, and I’ve tried to pick this back up recently, as I just signed up for the GORUCK Challenge in May!
- Clean at least once a week
Yeah, I’ve done ok at this. I was much better with this in the dorms and apartment at school than at home. I need to pick this up (haha) back home now that I’ll be living here while I student teach.
- Cut out clutter!
This has happened, for sure. I think I’m gaining a keen sense for what is just stuff and what is necessary. Again, it just makes life so much easier.
So that’s how 2012 went for me, resolution wise! It was a good year, and here’s hoping that the next is even better! 2013 will have fewer resolutions, but there are some big events awaiting me in 2013 that I can’t wait to share! Stay tuned for those on Tuesday!
September 29, 2011
Posted by on
Back in June, I blogged a little bit about myself, and with new readership on my blog (I’m talking to you, EITF2011 folks!) I thought I would share a little more about myself, so maybe we could build a sense of community that, lets face it, is hard to build in a solely online class.
- First off, this is me!
- I love technology. Clearly, this is an overwhelming reason I am an Instructional Technology minor.
- I’m a music nut. I love music, and I’ll give anything a listen. Lately, I’ve been leaning towards indie rock, blues rock, and folk rock. I made a Pandora station consisting of Mumford and Sons, The Black Keys, and Foster the People recently, and it has yet to disappoint.
- I strive to get outdoors daily. I used to run cross country until I twisted my plica (a fold in the knee tissue) about 5 years ago. Lately I’ve tried to hike/walk outside daily, and just love getting fresh air.
- I really like to write. This surprises me because I absolutely abhor writing papers, but when it’s something that truly interests me (like this blog), I have no problem plugging away at it, or spending a few days perfecting my post. I’m planning on attending the meetings of the Northern Iowan this semester, and hopefully filling in my spare time with something fun and productive.
- I love photography. See above: attending Northern Iowan meetings, and maybe snapping a few photos for the paper! Here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/asmith1106/sets/) is my Flickr stream, with some pictures I’ve taken over the year.
- I love to read! I recently got a Nook, and am loving it. Being able to check out ePub books from my local library means I always have something to read, not to mention some great deal on books and textbooks from the Barnes and Noble store!
- Some of my friends say I use exclamation marks too much. I just like to think that I’m an exciting and happy person! I don’t see the problem with that!
- I’m a “gamer”. I love playing XBox with my friends, and it’s more or less how we all hang out. This is especially handy as we slowly graduate college and move further apart in Iowa.
- I’m a Chicago Bears and Cubs fan. I know, that pretty much makes me an eternal optimist, right?
Well, that’s a little more about me! Hope that gives all you new readers a closer insight into the mind of Andy!
September 25, 2011
Posted by on
Earlier this month, I finally got a vacation! As well as finally seeing my Cubs at Wrigley Field, and see the big W flag fly! Here’s a slew of photos I took on my 2 day vacation!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Let me know what you think! It was a blast, and I can’t wait to go back and see it all again!
My buddy Nic came along with me. Yes. he pestered me just now, so I added this 🙂
June 9, 2011
Posted by on
So I’ve been posting on here for awhile, and I still haven’t said much about myself besides a little paragraph at the bottom of the screen? Nic’s post earlier today once again inspired me to do this, so here we go…
Read more of this post